Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Pain and age

Just before I begin my tale of woe, I just looked at Technorati. I have quite a few links there already.


Just got back to the computer after days of pain. It started out as a stiff and sore neck. I don't know what I did. Probably just moved. Then the pain began to shoot up the back of my head. Ooh! Brain haemorrhage? Stroke? Brain tumour? Just a tad on the anxious side. My Nurofen and my Panadiene just weren't doing anything to ease these stabs of sharp pain which occured every 3 seconds or so.
And it's the weekend now. No doctors on duty. Perhaps the Emergency department? No, I can't go there and say I have a headache. But it wasn't a headache as such. Just shots of pure pain out of one spot on the head.

So I rang my dear cousin in Sydney who happens to be a doctor and she told me not to worry too much, it was pain being referred from the neck strain.

Monday morning, after basically being an invalid and 'in a coma' again for 2 days, found me at the docs. Same diagnosis. But got a script for Panadiene Forte and bought Nurofen Plus. Now I can say there's no pain. I bought myself some beautiful chocolate to celebrate.

It will last maybe a few weeks and I have to do neck exercises. It's age. The doc said we start to wear out our something. I always tune out immediately as soon as someone says 'as we get older'

So there you are. I'm okay now hopefully but very drugged up and not quite with it.

No comments: